Work Permit Photo at Samui (or Passport photo)Date of publication: 06 Mar 2020
It is easy to get a photo for the Work Permit (passport or visa) in Samui in several spots. I know two. Next to Tesco Chaweng at Good Photo and at the Lamai Kodak Photo Shop.
Please note that I DO NOT DO such shooting. You can contact me when a creative photography is required.
Where to find "photo for documents" in Chaweng?
The GoodPhoto Store is located right on the main road next to Tesco Chaweng. Between Kasikorn Bank (Green one) and Banana IT Appliance Store (Yellow one).
- GPS coordinates: 9.535598, 100.041570
- Store Address: 1/63, Moo 6, Bo phut, Koh Samui
- Website: Good Photo & Printing
- Phone number: (+66) 077 969 288
Interesting detail, you can show up to the studio in shorts and a T-shirt. The guys will suggest you to apply in your photo a jacket/shirt/necktie etc so that you look appropriately in the document.
Where to get a photo for a work permit or a passport in Lamai?
On the main road, if you go from Lamai to Chaweng, you need to drive 500 meters past the beach street. The big yellow Kodak shop will be on the left.
- Coordinates of place: 9.471228, 100.052175
- Store Address: 127/14 Moo 4 Maret
- Website: Samui Digital Lab
- Phone number: (+66) 081 968 8953
They will also be able to edit a photo, add to it a suit jacket and so on.
Photo Requirements for Work Permit in Thailand
- The photo size for a work permit in Thailand must be 3x4cm.
- Photo background for perk permit must be blue.
Don't get confused, photo passport photo is 4х5сm, while work permit is 3х4сm!
In the photo you must appear in a business attire. No hats and jewelry. Some establishments require a jacket and a tie. So most often the post-editing service (inserting your head into the suit) is already is included in the cost of the shoot.
By the way, Work Permit can only be issued if you have a Non-Immigrant Visa Type B
The cost of photography on documents
In different stores, the cost varies depending on the urgency and number of photos printed and is about 150-300 baht ($ 5-10 usd).
This cost includes:
- the shooting itself
- Editing (unless you are in business attire)
- printing 4-6 photos of the desired size
What do you think about this?